PROJET DU JOUR
* You can now order Migratio on the album Malmusic Contemplation from the Institute for Alien Research, on Bandcamp.
* "Communication and the Amygdala: The Evolution of Mediation" for the book Multimedia Retrieval - Perspectives and Challenges, is to be published by Science Gate later next year.
* "Calculation in Art: The Inconspicuous Heuristics of Computation" is in press with the Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities.
* Check out the Signal Culture Cookbook (with my chapter on Behavioral Art).
* Rock out to Unwinding the Earth at Circuit Bridges October 23, 7:30, at Gallery MC, 549 West 52nd Street, New York, $15.
judsoN wearing an EEG to measure brain waves.
Art is a strategy we all employ in different ways,
to learn about our ever-changing world.
The works here are means of developing active
Artists and curators often expect
objets d'art, facilitating passive, remote study,
as we might study dead bugs in petri dishes.
Instead, we are interested in art systems.
Active gross muscle coordination is essential to
construction and integral to cognition.
These works center on the
(mostly spontaneous) motor and mental coordinating strategies
which we invent for turning rocks over,
in order to allow us to perceive the fascinating world
scurrying about beneath.