PROJET DU JOUR
* Rock out to Unwinding the Earth at Circuit Bridges October 23, 7:30, at Gallery MC, 549 West 52nd Street, New York, $15.
* Migratio will be featured on the album Malmusic (#8 Ultimate Edition) from the Institute for Alien Research, which you'll be able to order from Bandcamp.
* The 123rd Street The Youth Program finally got their official IRS 501(c)(3) status!
* Dig "Why Just Teach Art: The Development of the Hippocampus" the lead article for the inaugural issue of Bioscience and Engineering.
* Now you can order the book Augmented Reality Art: From an Emerging Technology to a Novel Creative Medium (which includes "Why We Might Augment Reality: Art's Role in the Development of Cognition") from the publisher (Springer!).
* The music web gallery L'autre Musique Laboratoire is featuring a piece of mine, Migration in their show "noise". Listen to it, watch and/or read the mini-interview.
judsoN wearing an EEG to measure brain waves.
Art is a strategy we all employ in different ways,
to learn about our ever-changing world.
The works here are means of developing active
Artists and curators often expect
objets d'art, facilitating passive, remote study,
as we might study dead bugs in petri dishes.
Instead, we are interested in art systems.
Active gross muscle coordination is essential to
construction and integral to cognition.
These works center on the
(mostly spontaneous) motor and mental coordinating strategies
which we invent for turning rocks over,
in order to allow us to perceive the fascinating world
scurrying about beneath.
select from most frequent keywords